Thursday 23 September 2010

Designing a front cover.

Now I have been given my brief I will need to start thinking about ideas for a front page. 

Usually a designer decides a template for the magazine which is then usually used for 18 months - 2 years, the template stays in place unless the magazine is relaunched or redeveloped.

With the basic look of the magazine determined by the template design it's appearance remains pretty much the same. Colours used each month/week/fortnight will vary especially between seasons. Summer issues favour a brighter more colourful appearance whilst those published during winter months will tend to be darker in colour showing preference to blacks, greys and blues:

Summer edition

   



Winter Edition

In addition to this, magazines can now be printed in two available sizes, the usual A4 and now A5 (also dubbed 'handbag size'). This is something I will consider when designing each of my magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment